Wednesday, September 24, 2008

4 weeks old

Today Blake is 4 weeks old! The time is already going by so fast! It is time for another update on him, as well as some more pictures. :-)

Monday was his follow-up heart echo. We had one during my pregnancy and everything looked fine, but the doctor said we would do one once he was born and I was very happy with that. Blake passed his heart checkup with flying colors!!! It was very emotional for me to go in and have them tell me "everything looks perfect!" Such a relief! I am just now realizing how much having had a baby with a birth defect changes you - you lose sense of what is normal and worry about EVERYTHING. So I had tears of joy when I heard that everything is okay. Also on Monday, I took Blake in to his pediatrician because I was concerned at how fussy he had been over the weekend. It turns out that he already has his first ear infection in his right ear. :-( I was really disappointed to hear that, but relieved to know that I made the right decision about taking him in. I think he is still struggling with the pain, but I hope it gets better soon.

Here are some snapshots I took last week.






5 comments:

Courtney said...

He is perfect! Congrats on his echo. I know you are so relieved. He looks just like Evan, LOL! I love his peach fuzz head!

Lacey said...

He is so cute Jess!! Adorable. He looks like a mix of Grant and Evan. So cute. He has his Mommas eyes for sure! :0) Sorry about the ear infection. Hope he feels better soon. And YEAH about the great heart appointment!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MKHKKH said...

I love his onesie! How are you all feeling these days? Boy he is so cute. He looks a lot like Grant to me. So thankful he is healthy after all you went through.

MKHKKH said...

Hey Jess. I hope things are getting easier around your house. Thinking of you and wanted to tell you I left you and award on my blog. HUGS