Friday, July 11, 2008

Amnio Results Update

Well, it is late, but I was finally able to get some of my results from yesterday's amniocentesis. With my MCA dopplers being a little elevated this week, we wanted to confirm whether or not the baby was showing any indication of being anemic by looking at the levels of bilirubin, if any, in the amniotic fluid. I am ELATED to report that the result of the bilirubin level is 0.000! Yes, that is the actual result as it is a number that is given as a decimal. My doctor was extremely pleased and says that there is a very good chance that this baby shares my blood type (meaning he is Duffy negative like me), which means he should be completely unaffected by the antibody in my blood. If our blood types are compatible then my blood will not attack the baby's. We will not know for sure what the baby's blood type is for another 1-2 weeks, but will continue to monitor by ultrasound to be on the safe side. We are thanking God for this wonderful news tonight! Thank you for your continued support and prayers!!! :-)

No comments: