Monday, February 23, 2009

1st food!


Well, it was finally time. Time for little Blake to take his first "official" bites of food! (Even though I heard between his Daddy, Grandma, and Aunt Sherrie that he's already had his first tastes of ice cream). I purchased a variety of starter foods this week in anticipation of his 6 month birthday and tonight I let him have some rice cereal with applesauce. I have to admit, it's not as exciting as it was 4 kids ago, but nonetheless it is still a big milestone that deserves to be celebrated and gushed over. The whole family watched as Blake attempted his first bites. Daddy snapped pictures while the older brothers giggled as Blake grimaced and squinted. His facial expressions looked like he was eating a lemon! Poor kid! But he seemed to enjoy it anyway and I'm sure he will follow in his brothers footsteps and help our grocery bill continue to increase at a rapid rate. ;-) Here are the pictures. :-)





2 comments:

Lacey said...

Awww...so cute. He is getting so big!! And I love the bib- too cute. :)

Anonymous said...

When is Blake coming over so I can FEED him? lol Favorite Aunt Sherrie