Friday, February 27, 2009

6 months



I can't believe that Blake has been in our lives for half of a year!

I am just now feeling like I am somewhat functioning normally again - it always takes me so long to adjust to another new baby being in the house. Thankfully, Blake is getting easier with each passing week, and he is starting to get more comfortable with the idea of letting others hold him and comfort him. He has been refusing to take Mommy's milk from a bottle the few times that we have tried over the last few months, but this week I introduced him to a different bottle with a new liquid (fruit juice) and he has started to take it! This is a sigh of welcomed relief for me so that I don't have to worry so much during those infrequent times that I am away from him.
Blake's two bottom teeth popped through a week ago and he has been our earliest teether, beating Evan by just a week! Looks like he's already being competitive and trying to keep up with his brothers, lol. ;-) Blake can sit up with assistance and has just discovered that he has feet! It sure is hard to reach your feet through all of that insulation, lol. ;-) He is one of my bigger babies, but the verdict is not in on where he falls at 6 months since he has not been weighed officially at the doctor's office yet. But he looks to be at least 18lbs on our home scales. Blake has really taken to his Daddy in recent weeks. He can't get enough of his Daddy's attention and kicks his legs with excitement when he sees him. He ADORES his brothers and we have found that when he gets to watch them play in their playroom, it occupies him quite well. Built-in babysitting! LOL

I am anxiously anticipating what's in store for the next half of this phenomenal first year of life! I really enjoy this time of watching them grow and learn so many new things and the bond that is created during this precious stage. Children are such a wonderful blessing!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I agree! Too sweet! He is looking exactly like you, mama! Thanks for posting! :)