Sunday, July 12, 2009

5K Run/4th of July/White Mills Days

My 4th of July started out with a 5K race! (White Mills Day) This was the second time I have ever trained for and ran in a 5K and I am happy to say that I achieved my goal of beating my 1st race time from two years ago by finishing in 29:42! I am SLOW and am not much of a "racer," but having the goal of running a 5K has helped to keep me motivated in my fitness efforts. I am really enjoying the "me" time I get from training! I would like to do the Heartland Festival 5K at the end of August. I just need to work on getting faster!

We spent the morning hours enjoying White Mills Day and that afternoon we went to Andy's sister, Sherrie's, for a cookout and fireworks. We had a great day!

Race morning


All of the boys while the older 3 were waiting to go on the boat ride (of course!)


In the boat with Daddy

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Look at you hot mama! Oh, and the boys are pretty cute too, ;) Way to go!

MKHKKH said...

Way to go Jess! I am so proud of you! I have NEVER ran 5K in under 30 minutes. Where is the blush emoticon? LOL You rock and all the hard work shows! You are lookin great, I don't know what you are talking about.