Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Evan & 11 mos Blake!

I'm a day behind but my two little ones turned 3 yrs old and 11 months old yesterday!!

Evan - my sweet little smiley guy who lights up a room has been showing his independence more and more. I think his 3's are going to be much more challenging than his 2's! He is still as sweet as sugar when he wants to be and often wants to help. He eats, sleeps, and breathes sports and if you saw the kid throw/manipulate any kind of ball I think you'd be just as amazed as we are. He has requested all summer to wear his "basketball pants" which just means any pair of shorts I pull out of his drawer - he comes up with this stuff completely on his own but we certainly try to foster his love of athletics. It is so much fun to see him enjoy it so much! The kid is sharp as a tack and picks up on EVERYTHING and he has started that whole "WHY?" phase, something my older two didn't do much and it may take me some getting used to (PATIENCE!). He adores his brothers but is starting to become aggressive with Blake, poor baby! He is such a blessing and we love him so much!


Blake is really cruising now and occasionally standing on his own. I am excited about him learning to walk, although I think it will be another month or two before he is getting around well. He is really becoming self occupied more and I am loving his new-found independence. I truly think Daddy has taken over the #1 spot in his world! He ADORES his Daddy! I'm a little sad but am loving watching the bond between them grow.


We will be celebrating soon with a double birthday bash!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Blake and Evan are getting so big! They both are so cute!!!

Lacey said...

Awww...so cute. Happy Birthday and almost birthday boys!!