Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you Mommies out there! I love this special day of being reminded of the blessing of both having a mother and being a mother. Everything to Everyone. This would have to be a fitting description of so many mothers that I know and certainly of my own mother.

I am so lucky to have a mother as loving and devoted as mine. It amazes me how she can split her one person into being the mother, grandmother, wife, daughter, sister, aunt, friend, and coworker that she is. If you need her, she'll be there - without exception. She subconsciously lives by the motto: "Who can I help today and how?" It's just automatic. What an example to live by!

For me personally, her dedication to motherhood (and grandmotherhood) often leaves me wondering "What would I do without her??" Not everyone gets to have their mother as their newborn baby's first nurse and evaluator - 25+ years of neonatal nursing experience at your beck and call! Who is the one who lets you take your moodiness/bad day out on her and still has nothing but optimism to share with you? My Mom. Who is the one who kills herself to get to any event, no matter how major or minor, that any one of her children or grandchildren are involved in? My Mom. Who is the one who tells you what angels your children were when you KNOW they drove her nuts? My Mom. (Why is it that grandparents get away with LYING, lol). Who was the one who noticed that my precious little Evan was breathing a little too fast on his 6th day of life, and so it was discovered that he had an undetected heart problem? My Mom. And currently... who is the one who drives me to all of my far away appointments, comes over and cleans/does laundry, and helps take care of my kids with every second of free time that she has??? My Mom. Mom, Hallmark wouldn't do today - I hope you don't mind me telling the world how much you mean to me!

Mother of 4, grandmother of 7 (and counting!), so here are just a FEW of her proudest moments.

Nurse/grandma at Clayton's birth


Nurse/grandma at Grant's birth


Nurse/grandma at Evan's birth

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely Amazing. I did not know that your mom was a nurse and that she nursed all your children. I don't know what to say: Wow. Happy Mother's Day. I love this blog thing. I am addicted I believe.

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
A belated, but happy, Mother's Day to you! I enjoyed reading what you had to say about your mother. I know she had tears in her eyes when she read it! :-)

Thank you for explaining about the situation concerning the baby's blood and the tests with yours and Andy's. I understand it better now and will be praying for the best for the baby.

It's good to be able to keep up with the latest on your blog here. I was at the early service at church yesterday and didn't get to see or hear from you.

Take care, and have a good week!
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
You have a way of putting things to words. You are so right about your Mom. She is so much like grandma. She is one of the most wonderful people that I know. She has always been there for me. Just reading what you wrote brought me to tears.

Angie