Tuesday, June 10, 2008

June 10th - 28 wks

Today was my 28 week apppointment with the MFM. I think I forgot to mention in my last update that it was going to be 2 weeks until my next appointment so that's why there was no update last week. Everything continues to look really well. My cervix measures over 4 cm still and the blood flow in the baby's brain is right on target and he is not showing any signs of anemia. I had my titer drawn today and have the results already and it is still at 1:16! This is all great news! We discussed what I can expect for the rest of the pregnancy and to what extent I should be on bedrest. I can pretty much do whatever I feel like, but with the sense that I know how much is too much. Being that I am 28 wks now, we are at a MUCH safer place for the baby to be delivered without any long-term side effects. We have had a babysitter to help with the kids since my surgery 10 wks ago and my doctor recommended that I wait until I am at least 32 wks before taking back on the job of full-time mom. I can expect my cerclage (stitch) to be taken out between 36 and 37 weeks and this can be done at my local doctor's office. I will still be going to the MFM weekly for ultrasounds because we need to make sure the the baby is not becoming anemic from the antibody issue. With as well as things are going I am beginning to think he may be negative for the antigen and thus there is not an incompatibility between mine and his blood, but it doesn't hurt to check and make sure he is as healthy as he should be. :-) I am so thankful my doctor is so thorough - I love that! Thank you SO MUCH for your continued support. I am getting so excited about getting to meet this little miracle! I thought I would share some pictures of "us."
Today's ultrasound

11 wks to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is all great news, Jessica! :-) It's so good to read your updates. I love the pictures from your zoo trip, too!

See you at VBS!
Suzanne