Monday, June 30, 2008

Saying Goodbye

After 11 weeks of getting to know and love Brittany, the helper we hired while I have been on bed rest, it was time to say goodbye on Friday. We made the decision the week before as we learned of an increasing uncertainty in the security of Andy's job. Plus, we are quickly approaching the recommended point in my pregnancy (32 wks) where it is "safe" for me to be a full-time mom again. I cannot begin to tell you what her service to us has meant to me. But of all the duties placed upon her, I am most appreciative of the love and patience that she showed my children. The time spent reading books, blowing bubbles, horseplaying, and just laughing are the memories we will cherish. Thank you, Brittany - we will always remember your time with us.

On this same fateful day, we learned of another goodbye. Unfortunately, Andy found out that morning that he will be laid off indefinitely from his manufacturing job, effective immediately. We are disappointed, but not discouraged as we are confident that God will sustain us through this time. We trust His will for our lives and look forward to seeing what He has in store for us. Your prayers during this time are appreciated as we figure out what the next steps are and strive to make the best decisions for our family. As always, we are grateful for your love and thoughtfulness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear about the job, if worse comes to worse he can put in @ Wal-Mart. If I can be of any help just let me know. Glad to hear that you are still coasting along in the pregnancy though. Jess says hello.