Thursday, August 7, 2008

Aug. 6th - 36 wks

Yesterday was a big day because it was more than just a regular appointment. I had my cerclage removal procedure done on the labor and delivery floor of UofL Hospital. It was painful, but it is OVER and I am so thankful! Upon exam after the procedure, it was found that I am 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced. That is exciting because my body is already starting to prepare for labor. :-) I also had my MCA doppler ultrasound and that result was good with an MoM of 1.25 - this baby is hanging steady! I contacted my doctor later in the evening to get the results of my biweekly titer draw. She said the result was back down to 1:16!! She spoke with the lab and apparently there was an error in the elevated result we got 2 weeks ago of 1:64. This is great news because it means that the antibody in my blood is still mild. We are really hoping that the effect on the baby is very minimal! :-) My doctor also wanted me to consider what day I wanted my induction on. I had assumed that I would be choosing the week after my amnio, but the doctors are more comfortable with delivering the baby as soon as we know his lungs are mature. So that is NEXT WEEK!! I am scheduled for my amnio on Wed Aug. 13th and the results should be back that same day so I was given the choice of staying and starting the induction that day (we are fairly sure his lung maturity will come back positive), or coming back the next day on the 14th. I went with the 14th and it was scheduled and confirmed today! I still can't believe we only have one more week until we meet our newest son! Daddy is very excited and Mommy is scrambling to get everything ready, lol!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

zzI can't wait to meet little Ace (that's what I've been calling him)next week! I'm dying to know what you are naming this fellow. I saw today that "Zach" means "God has remembered" - which certainly fits your situation. Also, "Kade or Cade" means "sturdy" - fits your boys too. Anyway, I'm thanking God for your miracle - the miracle of new life and the miracle of God's protection over you and Ace.

Courtney said...

I can't believe the big day is so close! What will his name be?