Sunday, August 22, 2010

Potty Training

(June 7, 2010)

So, I was going to at least wait until the end of June when Blake was 22 mos (more on why in a min) to start potty training, but I couldn't wait any longer and decided to start the Monday after we returned from vacation. I have an ebook on potty training in 3 days and it says to wait until the child is at least 22 months old. I had used it when Evan was potty training at around 29 months and found it to be rather successful, even though I would not consider him to have been completely trained by the end of the 3 days (but it wasn't long before he was). Blake had been showing signs of readiness (or signs of annoyance, whichever you want to call it...) by taking his diaper off EVERY time he relieved himself in it for weeks and I finally decided it's TIME. Here we are 2.5 months later and he is doing fairly well, although still not completely trained. Mind you I did not follow the instructions to a 'T' as I did with Evan as it is an extremely intense period of time and I did not have the same desire this time to put forth the same effort. LOL The end result is that he is totally satisfied with how it's going and we are saving money on diapers. And ultimately, isn't that what it's all about... saving money while not traumatizing your child in the process?? Hahaha!

I just HAD to take some pictures of his uber cute little bottom in his big-boy underwear. Oh yeah, these will be coming out when he is dating that special someone some day... [Evil laugh]







No comments: