Sunday, August 22, 2010

White Mills Days 2010

(July 3, 2010)

White Mills Days was another hot one this year but involved lots of fun. Andy and 3 of the boys were in the parade again, with it being Clayton's first time as a bike rider! Grant and I spectated while bagging up lots of candy. Unfortunately, I was unable to do the 5K this year due to twisting my knee (which soon after prompted a look into an old injury on the opposite knee, thus discovering I have - and probably have had for 12 years - a torn meniscus, where surgery was recommended...boooo!). Blake was in his first (and probably last, lol) baby contest, placing 2nd out of five 19-24 month olds. I was feeling that mom-guilt that the others had been in baby contests and he hadn't so I was able to check that off my list, LOL!! We played lots of games where the boys took home tons of junk.. er, I mean, loot and then swam in the gorgeous new beach-entry pool at the camp. It was a great day!

Clayton on his bike, cool shades and all!


Blake throwing candy :-)


Wrapping it up




Waiting for his turn in front of the judges


There is no way he would've let me take him up there with his Daddy around




2nd place! :-)




No comments: